Blended Learning Opportunities 18-19
Ongoing Discussion Group in AkPLN (Alaska Professional Learning Network)
Facilitated discussion around Dispositions of Leadership book
Join AkPLN using the same email address you used to apply for the New Principal Academy.
- You will be enrolled with AkPLN using the same email address you used to apply for the New Principals Academy.
- Go to: teachingchannel.org and “SIGN UP” using the same email address you used to apply for the New Principal Academy.
- The AkPLN banner shows up in the top left corner of the page.
- Once you are signed into AkPLN look for the tile that says “New Principal Academy Discussion Team” in the “My Teams” section of your homepage OR Click here to join your discussion group
- About AkPLN
- AkPLN FAQ and How To Quick Tutorials
- Technical contact: Tammy Morris – tmorris(at)alaskaacsa.org
Date Specific Activities
|Three Professional Learning Strands:||1. Dispositions of Leadership|
|2. Collaborative Leadership and How to Coach Leaders to Be More Collaborative|
|3. Teacher Clarity|
|Communicating to Influence|
Thinking and Acting Interdependently
|Collaborative Leadership Strategies for Teacher Leaders and Administrators|
Nov. 7, Dec. 6 & 13, Jan. 17
Peter DeWitt/Dave Nagel
|Assessment Capable Learners|
October 3 & 10, Nov. 8 & 15, Dec. 5 & 12
Doug Fisher, Nancy Frey, Dominque Smith
RTI/MTSS Effective Instruction Conference
Enter "New Principal Academy" as your Registrant Type instead of your district so you do not pay the registration fee.
Using Data to Inform Decisions 8:30-11:30
Full Day Session
Collaborative Leadership and How to Coach Leaders to be More Collaborative
January 26 & 27
Full Day Saturday
Half Day Sunday
Productive Group Work
Establishing and Supporting Leadership Teams Within Your School - December 10
Download Meeting Invitation
|Student Engagement Topic TBA|
Alaska School Leadership Institute
|Communicating to Influence (Deeper learning) |
Communicating to Influence -Advanced tools for communication
-Group and Individual Communication refinement
Lexie Domaradzki and Gary Whiteley