ASDN now partners with Learners Edge to offer these one-credit courses:
- Connecting and Creating in Your Online Classroom
- Consumer to Creator: Coding and Kids
- Grief and Your Students: Honoring, Sharing, Healing
- Special Education Law 101
- Reading Fluency Toolbox
Self-paced, media rich, online courses with textbooks mailed right to your doorstep.
- Registrations Accepted May 30 – October 1, 2019
- Coursework Due: November 15, 2019. You may complete earlier and your grade will be processed upon your completion.
- All courses approved by UAA PACE for 500-level professional development credit and may be used for Alaska teacher recertification.
NEW TWO, THREE & FOUR CREDIT COURSES
- Anxiety Awareness: Empowering Students with Help and Hope (3 Credits)
- Building Strong Relationships in the Classroom: Care to Connect (2 Credits)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching: A Reflective Introduction (4 Credits)
- Curriculum Design and Instructional Strategies: Education’s Dynamic Duo (3 Credits)
- From Trauma-Informed to Trauma-Invested: Creating a Culture of Safety (3 Credits)
- Going Above and Beyond Academics for English Learners (3 Credits)
- Improving Outcomes for Students in Poverty: The Difference Makers (3 Credits)
- Solving the Reading Puzzle: Using Assessment to Drive Intervention (3 Credits)