- Dates: February 5, 12, and 26; March 5 (Elementary), 12 (Secondary), and 26; April 2. All webinars are from 3:45-5:45 PM.
The best intervention is prevention! Eighty percent or more of our students can succeed when provided with a well-instructed, research-based core curriculum. In these fast-paced, interactive webinars, teachers will learn how to create brain-friendly learning environments and differentiate core instruction for ALL of their students. Learn a variety of techniques to increase student engagement, keep students challenged, and still make learning joyful. Students need multiple opportunities to work hard, deal with failures, learn how to self-regulate, accept feedback, and discover that success can be achieved with effort and perseverance. Gain dozens of strategies to maximize instruction of the Core Curriculum at Tier One that will also enhance your planning within collaborative teams.
Webinar participants will:
- Learn strategies to make their classrooms brain-friendly: emotionally safe, physically comfortable, and well-managed to maximize learning possibilities.
- Review various Cooperative Group Learning strategies to promote collaboration and community.
- Explore a variety of Daily Differentiation strategies to increase student engagement.
- Discover how classroom organization and management are keys to successful differentiation.
- Investigate how to design rigorous tasks with frequent progress monitoring that will provide ongoing feedback to teachers and students.
- Gain a repertoire of strategies for when learners struggle. Teachers must know how to identify the roadblocks and provide further targeted instruction.
- Learn a variety of ways to provide high-ability students with regular opportunities to go beyond basic proficiency through enrichment and extensions.
- Explore meaningful conversations for your PLC’s to increase the quality of Tier I Core instruction.
- Target Audience: K-12 Educators and Administrators
- Registration Fee: $95 for educators from Level 1 school districts and organizations. $195 for all others. No cost for BSSD, LKSD or NSBSD Educators.
- Credit: Two university credits are available for attending all webinars and participating in online assignments and discussions. There is an additional tuition fee of $185 for the credit. Credit registration takes place after the first webinar.