This professional learning offers Alaskan educators: Four course options (1 or 3 credits), 16 free, live webinars, a powerhouse SEL video playlist and AkPLN learning communities!
- Gain practical skills for returning to school in a hybrid or online learning setting.
- Flexible format – Join us for an hour, or dive in deeper and complete a professional learning class.
- Attend one-hour webinars live or watch the recordings when it is convenient for you.
- Move through our asynchronous learning plan for assessing potential learning gaps and planning for instruction in ELA and Math.
- Explore our playlist of recorded webinars addressing SEL and Trauma Informed Practice.
- Join a learning community – engage in discussions with facilitated interest groups .
- Collaboration and SEL – Create a classroom community that builds relationships and creativity during remote, hybrid or online instruction
- Engaging Projects – Develop lessons that foster student agency and encourage families as learning partners
- Guidance for Assessing Learning Loss and Planning for Instruction in ELA and Math – Self-paced online exploration outlining specific strategies and tools for getting started this fall. This short course will have separate sections by grade band: K-3, 4-6, and 7-12. Teachers wishing to receive credit can complete this online short course (approximately 5 hours) and participate in 10 webinars of their choice to receive one credit.
- Part 1: Assessing Potential Learning Gaps and Identifying Major Areas of Work
- Part 2: Instructional Planning for Flexibility
- Flexible Lesson Planning
- Moving between In Person/Online/Remote instruction
- Clear Communication with Families
- Part 3: Using Assessment to Determine Learning Recovery Needs and Progress Related to Spring Learning Loss
Professional Learning that Meets Your Needs
Free options for teachers from ASDN Member Districts
- Sign up for a live or recorded webinar
- Browse the SEL and Trauma Informed Classroom Playlist
- Join a AkPLN Interest Group
Credit Options for All Teachers (Fee Required)
Four Course Choices
- Credit Option 1 – Begin 1 credit Teaching Through Coronavirus with Joanna Karet
(Registration open now, course begins August 3, all work due by August 30. Asynchronous, no set meeting times. Tuition $145)
- Credit Option 2 – Begin 1 credit Creating Effective Instructional Videos with Kevin Klott
(Registration closes July 31, course starts on July 27, all work due by August 26. Asynchronous, no set meeting times. Tuition $145)
- Credit Option 3 – Begin 3 credit Social Distance STEM Across the Curriculum Joanna Karet
(Registration open now, course opens on August 3, all work due by September 27. Asynchronous, no set meeting times. Tuition $300)
- Credit Option 4 – Begin 1 credit Restart Your School Year – Assessing Learning Loss and Planning for Instruction (Registration open now, registration will close on August 14. Course opens July 27. All work due by September 11. Asynchronous, no set meeting times. Tuition $145)
All credit course participants start with an online short course: Assessing Learning Loss and Planning for Instruction in ELA and Math designed by Bobbi Jo Erb and Lexie Domaradzki. This online asynchronous coursework on AkPLN is designed to take approximately 5 hours. Additionally participants will attend 10 out of 15 available webinars of their choice. The webinars are listed below. Participants will create a short artifact or outcome measure for each webinar.
Engage with peers and presenters in real time and learn about timely and relevant issues for re-starting school this year. Each webinar will also be recorded. No charge for any educator from an ASDN-member school district.
Week of July 27 – (no cost)
|I love Google Forms! Here is Why |
with GEG Alaska
|Assessing Learning Loss and Planning for Instruction in Math|
Bobbi Jo Erb
|Assessing Learning Loss and Planning for Instruction in Literacy |
|Keeping Your Classroom Community Connected Online: Tools and Strategies for Remote Student Check-Ins|
Cheryl Bobo/Tammy Morris
Week of August 3 – (no cost)
|Google Sites for Student Learning Portfolios|
with GEG Alaska
|Effective Online Discussions |
|Do My Students Know Their Basic Math Facts? And Other Questions Best Answered WITHOUT Testing|
Dr. Jennifer Bay-Williams
|Virtual Field Trips|
|Early Childhood Virtual Home Visiting for Family Engagement|
Heidi Johnson, MS CCC-SLP, IMH-III
|Engaging Projects for Primary Grade (K-3) Online Learners|
Week of August 10 – (no cost)
|Book Creator: The Most Versatile Tool in Toolbox |
|Family Engagement Through STEM (K-3) |
|BrainPOP Quickstart |
|Teaching Computational Thinking with Code.org for Elementary – Plugged and Unplugged!|
|Wakelet – Online Content Curation Made Easy |
Everything in one place, save, organize and share content from across the web
|Creating Effective Instructional Videos |