Join a free professional online learning network for Alaska’s teachers.
CONTACT for LOG-IN INFORMATION: AkPLN Contact
WHAT IS AKPLN?
The Alaska Professional Learning Network (AkPLN) is a private online space to support professional growth for teachers around the state. We’ve partnered with the Coalition for Education Equity and the Teaching Channel to offer this space at no cost to Alaskan educators through ASDN/ACSA. Members of AkPLN have access to view resources, and join or create school, district or statewide teams. Gain ideas for lessons, view new teaching strategies to try out, or build your repertoire of techniques related to curriculum, instruction and assessment. Teams and discussions can be private among educators you invite or public for everyone in the state.
Resources and opportunities available in AkPLN:
- Collaboration space (called Teams) for teachers, schools, districts and education organizations. You may be invited to teams, as well as create your own private or public teams.
- Pathways: a library of engaging professional learning resources for educators to use as they implement the new ELA and Math Standards and design professional development at the district, school and classroom level.
- Earn credit for classes developed from this year’s Webinar Series through ASDN
- Access Teaching Channel’s library of 1300+ videos of actual teachers teaching real students
- Access the Topic resources available through Teaching Channel
- Ask questions & find answers in teacher-to-teacher discussions –with teachers from across the state
- Connect with other AkPLN members
HOW DO I JOIN AKPLN?
Four things need to happen before you can access all of AkPLN’s benefits:
- Go to teachingchannel.com and create a new login (AkPLN How To and FAQ)
- Provide the same email address you used to create your Teaching Channel login to ASDN Use this form
- ASDN will register you with AkPLN, using that email address. This must be done manually, so it may take a little bit of time. You’ll be notified by email when you have been registered.
- Return to teachingchannel.com and LOGIN
Steps 1-3 need to happen only one time. If you accessed AkPLN last year, and you want to access it again this year with the same email address, all you need to do is log in.
Download these instructions to Join Alaska’s Professional Learning Network.
Contact us to join the Alaska Professional Learning Network. Members of AkPLN have access to view resources, and join or create school, district or statewide groups. Gain ideas for lessons, view new teaching strategies to try out, or build your repertoire of techniques related to curriculum, instruction and assessment. Groups and discussions can be private among educators you invite or public for everyone in the state.
We have 60 Learning Plans that provide opportunities for in-depth study of the Alaska ELA and Math standards as well as effective instructional strategies. These Learning Plans are homegrown and designed specifically for Alaskan educators. They are available 24/7, so you can work without committing to a set schedule. Join AkPLN and view them anytime.
The contents of this online site were developed with the assistance of Supporting Effective Instruction, Title II, Part A federal funds from the Alaska Department of Education & Early Development. However, these contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education & Early Development, nor endorsement by the Federal Government.