The mission of the Alaska Staff Development Network (ASDN) is to improve student achievement by providing researched-based online learning and face-to-face professional development programs for Alaska’s teachers and school administrators.
ASDN is administered by the ALASKA COUNCIL OF SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS.
We believe that the unique professional growth needs of Alaska’s teachers and administrators can be best met by strengthening collaborative relationships among these groups.
- Our online courses and face-to-face institutes expand the staff development opportunities available to all educators, especially those in rural districts.
- Our classes and events typically have approximately 4,500 registrants annually. One third of those educators enrolled in more than one ASDN activity.
- ASDN focuses on priorities established by school districts and professional organizations statewide.
- Key leaders from all districts and past program participants are surveyed annually to help set our professional learning priorities.
- ASDN also forms partnerships that bring significant additional resources to school districts and associations in the state.
Click HERE to see if your school district or organization is a Level 1 or Level 2 ASDN Member.